Thanks to Elizabeth Boehnlein, owner of Dance Academy of Loudoun, for answering a few questions. Congratulations on your nomination!
1. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
We would be thrilled and appreciative if we won a small business award. We feel a part of the community and teaching young people in the community brings us great pleasure. To be acknowledge would mean a great deal.
2. What business person has influenced you the most?
My past, dance teacher, Shely Pack, has influenced me and how I feel I should run a business to instill a confidence in young dancers and a forever love of dance.
3. If you weren’t running your own business, what would you be doing?
If I was not running my business I would be pursuing my other artistic passions (painting and photography.) Or even another small business.
4. What book are you reading right now?
I am reading Inkheart with my son right now. We plan to read Peter Pan next.
5. What is your favorite app?
As far as apps go, I try to use my Lose It app to keep better track of what I put in my body.
6. If you had a full 24 hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
A full 24 hours to myself, I would probably window shop and read in a bookstore.
7. What is the smallest thing that has had the largest impact on your business?
Offering classes for older kids and teens for beginners to start dancing. A class that they can take with the same age peers has been so popular and needed to build their love of movement.