The Loudoun Chamber is dedicated to creating a world class quality of life for everyone here in Loudoun County. To make that vision a reality, we created the Loudoun Chamber Foundation to conduct philanthropic and community building activities.
2020 Grant Recipients
The organizations receiving 2020 Loudoun Chamber Foundation grants are:
- Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice/LAWS – The Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter provides free, confidential services to the victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse.
- A Place to Be – This grant will help A Place To Be purchase music equipment and expand to Eastern Loudoun, to serve those with disabilities, medical and mental health challenges.
- Friends of Loudoun Mental Health – This all-volunteer group helps those disabled by mental illness with assistance for housing, improved care, promoting recovery and raising awareness.
- American Red Cross in the National Capital Region – This grant will support the “Sound the Alarm,”, a Home Fire Safety Campaign to decrease injuries and loss of life from home fires.
- The Ryan Bartel Foundation – This grant will support several youth suicide prevention programs, including the We’re All Human initiative in 15 high and 11 middle schools in Loudoun.
- Loudoun Habitat for Humanity – This grant will support LHFH’s Home Repair program, which fixes unsafe and inadequate living conditions enabling families to stay in their homes.
- Loudoun Hunger Relief – Loudoun Chamber Foundation funds will be used to purchase food and warehouse storage equipment to help LHR better serve their clients.
- Special Olympics of Virginia, Loudoun County – This grant will support the first Special Olympics event in Loudoun, for D.C., area athletes on October 4, 2020, at Paul VI High School.
The Loudoun Chamber’s charitable giving is prioritized based on our strategic objectives and mission. In particular, the Chamber will focus on these areas, in order of priority:
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship – The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce believes strongly in the value of creating economic opportunity in our community as the most essential element of a world class quality of life.
- Education and Workforce Development – The quality of our workforce and K-20 education systems that prepare our future workforce are essential components of Loudoun County’s world class quality of life.
- Public Safety –The Loudoun County Chamber has a decades-long tradition of supporting our emergency first responders and their families, particularly those that have suffered injuries or death while in performance of their sworn duties.
- Healthy Community – The health of the Loudoun economy and its quality of life is inextricably linked to the health and wellness of its citizens and the financial stability of the organizations that serve our citizens’ health and well-being.
The Loudoun Chamber Foundation is a fund within the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties (Address – P. O. Box 342, Leesburg, VA 20178; Federal ID Number- 54-1950727).
Thank you so much for supporting the OAR mission and understanding the importance of our work. The resources provided by the Chamber will help to make sure that Loudoun community members involved with the criminal justice system can establish successful crime-free lives. Please know that we are proud to be a member of the Loudoun Chamber. You all have extended a sincere welcome to us and many of the chamber events have been great opportunities for us to share our mission, build partnerships, and meet community partners.
– Brandon Cosby, OAR
I want to thank all of the Chamber staff for the wonderful work of the Loudoun Chamber. The nonprofit community is so supported by the this organization through grants, education, networking, and much more. This type of support is unique and we are so blessed to be here in Loudoun with our great Chamber.
– Therese Cashen, Loudoun Habitat for Humanity