To see the FULL list of SBA Finalists, click here.
1. Tell us your story of how your company got to where it is today?
Champagne Services was started in 1981. I began working here in 1997 and left in 2003, came back in 2008 and left again in 2009, returned in the summer of 2014 and bought the company in January of 2015. My wife Dawn came on to work with me in July of 2015 and has really helped us to get where we are today.
2. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
It would be the culmination of a year-long plan to do just that. We set it as a goal last year when we attended the awards ceremony.
3. If you weren’t running your own business, what would you be doing?
Engaging in full time ministry work.
4. What book are you reading right now? / What is your favorite book?
Wonder Woman New 52 Volume One (I am a huge nerd)
5. What is your favorite app (computer/phone)?
6. If you have 24 hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
Sleep! I cannot even imagine taking 24 hours off, it’s almost comical to consider.
7. What is the smallest thing that has made the largest impact on your business?
Learning that not only do I not have all the answers but that I don’t have to.
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A sports broadcaster
9. Who is the one person that has influenced you the most in your career?
My wife. She has an absolutely brilliant business mind and is an invaluable resource.
10. What is your favorite thing about living/running a business in Loudoun County?
The people! I feel like it is a great combination of the fast pace of the north and the charm of the south.
Thanks, Geoff Crawley, of Champagne Services, and congratulations on your nomination!
Click here to see all of the “Meet the Finalists” posts.
We will be continually posting them as the event approaches.
The 22nd Annual Loudoun Small Business Awards is Friday, November 4th! Register Here