To see the FULL list of SBA Finalists, click here.
1. Tell us your story of how your company got to where it is today?
In 2008, Brad Palmer formed B3 Group Incorporated. Three years later in 2011, Dwight Hunt assumed majority ownership, making B3 a VOSB and SDVOSB. That same year B3 grew from one employee to three and a Virtual Office Space was secured at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. By 2015, Physical Office Space was secured at Mason in Leesburg, and we had grown to 7 employees. B3 also became certified by SBA as a HUBZone (Leesburg). One year later in March 2016 B3 reached 22 employees and became one of 21 companies, to be awarded the 10 years, $23B contract. This contract allows B3 to provide a variety of IT services and products technical support; program management; strategy planning; systems/software engineering; enterprise network engineering; cybersecurity; among other IT- and health-related IT requirements. Of the 21 companies awarded, ten were Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSBs). Now, in October 2016, B3 has reached over 40 employees by the close out of FY 2016.
2. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
Winning a Small Business Award would be a confirmation that our decision to locate to Loudoun County has been and will continue to be instrumental to our continued growth and success.
3. If you weren’t running your own business, what would you be doing?
If I were not running my own business, I would be training federal acquisition professionals in the DC area as I have a passion for the Federal Acquisition process.
4. What book are you reading right now? / What is your favorite book?
Family Inc.: Using Business Principles to Maximize Your Family’s Wealth. This book is providing valuable insight into applying corporate finance principles to managing family finances.
5. What is your favorite app (computer/phone)?
Evernote is my favorite app, on my computer and phone. Evernote is an invaluable tool, allowing me to access my notes when and wherever I need to.
6. If you have 24 hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
You could find me playing 36 holes of golf with my friends.
7. What is the smallest thing that has made the largest impact on your business?
B3 takes champagne to our business partners when we win a proposal. This small token of appreciation has helped us forge strong partnerships for continued success.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? / What was a childhood dream that you had?
As a child, I wanted to be a traveling salesman for a men’s clothing manufacture.
9. Who is the one person that has influenced you the most in your career?
My wife’s total support of my Army and business careers has been constant and predominant through the years.
10. What is your favorite thing about living/running a business in Loudoun County?
The high quality workforce in the area has made living and running a business in Loudoun County unlike any other….the wine and breweries aren’t bad either!
Thanks, Dwight Hunt, of B3 Group, Inc., and congratulations on your nomination!
Click here to see all of the “Meet the Finalists” posts.
We will be continually posting them as the event approaches.
The 22nd Annual Loudoun Small Business Awards is Friday, November 4th! Register Here