Donna Fortier and all of our friends over at Mobile Hope Loudoun are our “Behind the Business” Spotlight of the week. Thanks for taking some time to chat with us, Donna!
- Tell us a little bit about Mobile Hope and it’s mission. Mobile Hope was created to meet the needs of those children living in Loudoun County who are homeless, precariously housed and at risk. The mission of Mobile Hope is critical and yet so simple,to provide through our Mobile Services and at our Leesburg facility: essential needs and support. We offer these often forgotten children access to everything other children might take for granted.
- What is your role at Mobile Hope? I am the CEO and founder, and have been working with Mobile Hope since it was created four years ago.
- What are some of the main needs that Mobile Hope has right now as an organization? (volunteers, money, food, medical supplies, etc.) As part of Mobile Hopes ability to keep pace with the growing needs and demands, our larger future goal is to build a facility for those children who are aging out of the youth shelter, etc, often while they are still in school and have no place to go. This life skills facility would be for children and young adults between the ages of 18 and 21. Our current needs are simple: Money to keep the doors open and to help these struggling children, food to keep these often empty bellies full and volunteers to help in all areas of our services.
- How can people spread the word about Mobile Hope? People can help us spread the word by getting involved. We couldn’t do what we do without our volunteers. We let children as young as four come in to help, as it is a core belief of ours that this shows children not only the importance of giving back, but also to remind them of how lucky they are. While we might not like the message of the numbers of struggling kids in our community, coming in to learn first hand and to become a community ambassador for us, is a great way to help raise awareness of this issue and to help spread the word of Mobile Hope. We would love for folks to visit our website: www.mobilehopeloudoun.org, “like us” on Facebook: Mobilehopeloudoun and to subscribe to our newsletter.
- What are some easy ways for people to get involved? Easy ways to get involved: Whatever your passion, you can find it at Mobile Hope. From daily needs, and helping to serve our children to helping on our bus, on our shopping nights, or during our outdoor food distribution and everything in between… we are flexible…and need to be so we can meet the ever changing needs of the kids we serve.
Thank you to Donna and her team at Mobile Hope! We are so excited about our upcoming Superhero 5k that is benefitting Mobile Hope, April 19th. Register Here!