Thank you to King Street Oyster Bar for answering a few of our questions.
Congratulations on being named a finalist in the Main Street Business of the Year!
The 24th Annual Loudoun Small Business Awards will be on November 1, 2018 – Tickets/More Info Here
1. Tell us your story of how your company got to where it is today?
King Street Oyster Bar got started because I was tired of driving to DC to get good oysters. My friend Jorge and I were ready for something new, and so was the town of Leesburg, our home for 25 years. We partnered to open up our first location in historic downtown Leesburg, VA, in 2016.
Now, King Street Oyster Bar specializes in bringing fresh oysters from both the West and East Coasts of the US and Canada to the communities we call home. On any given day, we offer 10+ varieties, which we get no more than 24 hours out of water from the East Coast, and no more than 48 hours out of water from the West Coast. It’s a quality and freshness you can taste.
2. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
It would mean a lot to us to win the small business award because Loudoun County has been the place where I raised my family. The community has a great family feel, and I’d love to share our biggest accomplishment with everyone.
3. If you weren’t running your own business/working at this business, what would you be doing? I would be a stock broker.
4. If you have 24-hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do? Go golfing and go try some new restaurants.
5. What is the smallest thing that has made the largest impact on your business? We are apart of the Oyster Recovery Partnership. Each oyster we sell supports planting baby oysters back to the Chesapeake Bay.
6. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child? / What was a childhood dream that you had? I wanted to be a architect.
7. Who is the one person that has influenced you the most in your career? My grandmother because we used to cook together every Sunday.
8. What is your favorite thing about running a business in Loudoun County? That it is a family oriented community.
9. If you’re not in the office where can we find you? Trying out new restaurants or spending time with my family.
10. What is your favorite weekend activity in Loudoun County? Golfing