April 11, 2016
Contact: Caroline Toye
Partnership between Community Foundation & Loudoun Chamber offers Loudoun businesses opportunity to support local nonprofits through 24-hour online crowdfunding campaign
Loudoun County, VA — The Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce have launched a partnership to encourage local businesses to engage their employees in an innovative, 24-hour online crowdfunding campaign to support local nonprofit organizations.
This first ever Give/Choose Business Challenge offers local companies a fun, friendly and competitive way to raise money for more then 50 nonprofit organizations participating in the Community Foundation’s Give/Choose campaign on May 3rd. The goal for 2016 is to have 50 participating businesses with a minimum 50% employee participation goal for each.
“Loudoun County’s businesses have always been supportive of local nonprofits and charitable endeavors, because they understand that our community’s quality of life also is our top economic asset. The Give/Choose Business Challenge gives every business, and their employees, a fun and easy way to support the organizations that are providing support, every day, to our families, friends and neighbors,” said Chamber President Tony Howard.
Businesses are invited to sign up for the challenge by taking the following steps:
1) Visit – GiveChoose.org/Business Challenge to register;
2) Challenge their employees to participate – either by scheduling a donation in advance starting on April 19th or make a donation on May 3rd – with a goal of achieving 50% participation.
3) Each business can utilize the Business Toolkit that helps communicate their participation to their employees and the public.
4) Employee participation will be tracked on the donation checkout page by filling in your company’s name.
5) Companies that meet the 50% employee participation goal will be recognized throughout the Give/Choose Campaign and by the Chamber, through its web site, social media platforms and media releases.
Every visitor to the GiveChoose.org website will find their favorite local charity and several more that are a new discovery. Employees of our local businesses can “shop” for what matters to them—and make a world of financial difference in the same heartbeat,” said Community Foundation Executive Director Amy Owen.
# # #