Diversity, Equity and Inclusion HR Policies
Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce (VA) (Board adopted policy)
The Loudoun County Chamber (“Loudoun Chamber”) of Commerce is committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive business environment in Loudoun County and our region, and to become a civic model for the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies that advance education, innovation, and economic growth in Northern Virginia.
To achieve this vision, the Loudoun Chamber is committed to adopting and fully implementing diversity, equity and inclusion (DE & I) practices throughout all aspects of our talent recruitment, hiring, compensation, retention, and training practices. This policy is intended to ensure that the outcome is faithfully and consistently achieved.
- The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce embraces and celebrates our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
- The Loudoun Chamber is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, status as a parent, disability (physical or mental), work-related injury, covered veteran status or military service, political ideology or affiliation, family medical history or genetic information, marital status, or any other non-merit based factors that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- The Loudoun Chamber’s diversity initiatives are applicable – but not limited — to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; retentions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- All employees are expected to participate in at least two diversity awareness or inclusion learning opportunities each year, to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.
- Our DE & I policies relate to all phases of employment, including advertising, recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion/demotion, training, retention, transfer, layoff, recall, termination of employment, compensation, and rates of pay, employee benefits (if provided to employees) and participation in all employer sponsored employee activities.
- The President/CEO or the designated persons have the sole responsibility for hiring staff personnel required to conduct the business of the Chamber.
- It is the DE&I policy of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce to ensure that a diverse pool of candidates are identified and considered for all job openings and hiring decisions.