Mastering the Art of Self Promotion
Why is it so difficult to sell yourself? This workshop will help you learn to recognize what you are proud of in your career and how to promote yourself on paper and in person.
- Why do people brag?
- Recognizing your accomplishments
- Active listening skill
- Features and benefits
- SWOT analysis
- Promote, promote, promote
- Making yourself Professional
- Communication styles
- Utilizing social media
- Communicating with confidence
- Fresh ideas on basic models that can be immediately implemented to make a difference in everyone’s ability to comfortably communicate and promote themselves effectively and easily
- Discussion will create awareness of creative ideas that might set you apart personally from your competition
- Attendees will take away unique, constructive, and creative ideas
About the Speaker:
Carolyn Thompson is Managing Principal of the Merito Group, a nationwide talent acquisition consulting firm providing retained and direct hire executive search, RPO and sourcing programs for highly cleared professionals as well as general contingent labor services across the US.
Platinum Series Sponsors
PLATINUM SPONSORS | $1,200
- Year-long logo recognition on all marketing
- Two tickets to each event
- Display table at each event
- Opportunity to provide marketing material in event swag bags
EXHIBITORS | M/$149/NM $199
- 6′ Skirted Exhibitor Display table
- Two complimentary seats
Annual Meeting & Community Leadership Awards
The Loudoun Chamber celebrated it’s Annual Meeting & Community Leadership Awards on March 3, 2022. We honored top business and community leaders and celebrated the success of the Chamber’s 2021 Board of Directors Chair, Stacey Metcalfe, Morven Park, and welcome in our 2022 Board.
The 2022 Community Leadership Award winners in each category will have the opportunity to select one nonprofit organization to receive a $1,000 grant, thanks to the generosity of the Community Foundation of Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.
The 40th Annual Chamber Classic has been Loudoun County’s premier business golf tournament for nearly four decades. Held at The Club at Creighton Farms, the Chamber Classic offers our sponsors tremendous marketing exposure, and an incomparable day of golf on this Jack Nicklaus designed course. If your company’s target market includes senior level executives and business owners who have a passion for the game of golf, we invite you to consider an Annual Chamber Classic sponsorship.
Small Business Awards
For 28 years, the Loudoun Small Business Awards have been the most prestigious honors celebrating the best small businesses, entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations in our Loudoun community. We hope you will join us to congratulate finalists and winners in 9 categories, including the top prize, at the 2022 Small Business of the Year. Winners are announced in front of a live audience of Loudoun’s top business and community leaders. This event will take place on Friday, November 4th at the Westfields Marriott Washington Dulles. View Photos / View 2021 Finalists & Winners
On April 25th, 2022, the Loudoun Chamber honored our community’s real life heroes, including several truly heroic citizens, for their courageous, often lifesaving actions at the 37th Annual Loudoun County Valor Awards at Lansdowne Resort. Stay tuned for the 2023 event date!