BizVotes roundup: This week on the campaign trail June 15-19
Post by Brian Fauls, Government Affairs Manager
Here’s what you missed on the campaign trail while you were watching the Chicago Blackhawks win their 3rd Stanley Cup in 6 years and the Golden State Warriors win their first NBA Championship ever (okay 1st in 40 years but it seems like ever):
- We learned that Jill McCabe, the Democratic nominee challenging State Senator Dick Black, is a money raising machine: Article
- We learned that Libertarians are candidates too: Article
- We watched School Board Chairman Eric Hornberger breath a huge sigh of relief when the smoke cleared on filing day and he still had no opposition for another term on the School Board: Article
- We were reminded that the old Bill Clinton campaign slogan, “It’s the economy, stupid,” is still as valid today as it was in 1992: Article
- And, we learned that James Taylor’s song “You’ve Got a Friend,” probably won’t be Scott York’s campaign theme song: Article
Seriously, who needs basketball when you can watch the gladiator sport that is politics? Keep your eyes glued to our BizVotes Facebook page for all the news as it happens.
Great! So what is the BizVotes Election Campaign?
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce is committed to educating Loudoun’s voters on where the candidates for state and local offices stand on the important business and community issues affecting Loudoun County. We provide our members and your employees with the resources and information you need to make it to the ballot box and vote for the candidate you believe will best support Loudoun County’s economy and quality of life.