Community Leadership Awards Honor Businesses, Community Leaders for Their Commitment to Loudoun’s Citizens and Community Vitality
View Photos from the 2020 Annual Meeting & Community Leadership Awards
Lansdowne, VA – The Loudoun Chamber today announced 2021 Loudoun Community Leadership Awards finalists. These Awards honor those businesses and community leaders that have demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to support the strength and vitality of the Loudoun community.
Now in its 8th year, the 2021 version of the Community Leadership Awards will place a special emphasis on the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Early in the COVID pandemic, the Loudoun Chamber understood that our community needed to work together, with strength, selflessness and unity, in order to endure this public health crisis. The response we have seen from our businesses, nonprofits and residents to this crisis has been nothing short of extraordinary, as Loudouners responded with remarkable generosity and sacrifice. That is the spirit that define the Loudoun Community Leadership Awards,” said Chamber President & CEO Tony Howard.
Top honorees for the 2021 Community Leadership Awards will be announced at the Chamber’s 53rd Annual Meeting & Community Leadership Awards, which will be held as a virtual event on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event will be streamed live on the Chamber’s Facebook page. Event information can be found on the Chamber’s website, www.LoudounChamber.org/events.
The finalists were chosen in five categories, Large and Small Businesses, Nonprofit Executive, Executive Leaders and Young Professional Leaders. These finalists are chosen by a panel of Loudoun’s top business and nonprofit leaders.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Loudoun Chamber also created the #StrongerTogether Award. This honor will go to a group of five outstanding community initiatives, campaigns and projects created to alleviate the human and economic suffering in our Loudoun community caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and its associated impacts.
The 2021 Community Leadership Award winners in each category will have the opportunity to select one nonprofit organization that will be the beneficiary of a $1,000 grant, thanks to the generosity of the Community Foundation of Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.
Young Professionals category:
- Solitaire Carroll, One Sparrow
- Kindra Dionne Harvey, Purpose WorX, LLC
- Erin Lombardi, EL Strategic
- Mahsa Riar, Limitless Limb LLC
Executive Leader Award category:
- Deborah Addo, Inova Loudoun Hospital
- Dario Campolatarro, Hilb Group Mid-Atlantic
- Allison Shannon, 37 Media & Marketing Group
- Brigitta Toruño, UNO Translations and Communications
Small Business (less than 100 employees) category:
- Bear Chase Brewing Company
- Toth Financial Advisory Corporation
- Visit Loudoun
- 37 Media & Marketing Group
Large Business (100 employees or more) category:
- The National Conference Center
- Northwest Federal Credit Union
- Stryker Spine
- Wells Fargo
Nonprofit Executive category:
- Nikki Daruwala, Loudoun Literacy
- Donna M. Fortier, Mobile Hope
- Judith Hanley, Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter
- Valerie Pisierra, Loudoun Cares
- Ampersand Pantry Project
- Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties
- Loudoun Business Interruption Fund
- Loudoun Hunger Relief
- Women Giving Back
To purchase sponsorships or for more information, visit www.LoudounChamber.org
# # #