Thanks to Jeff Browning, owner of Browning Equipment, for answering a few questions with us. Congratulations on your nomination!
Recognition that we are doing something positive in our community and moving in the right direction.
2. What business person has influenced you the most?
My late father Rey Browning. He taught me that being in local business includes giving back to community.
3. If you weren’t running your own business, what would you be doing?
I would be stuck in commuter traffic somewhere.
4. What book are you reading right now?
The Corner – A History of Student Life at the University of Virginia by Coy Barefoot. I went to college there and my son and daughter are there now so I need to stay informed.
5. What is your favorite app?
The flashlight app. It and my reading glasses are necessary tools at my age.
6. If you had a full 24 hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
Since Browning Equipment is open six days a week, that day would be a Sunday so I would start by singing and worshipping at Round Hill United Methodist Church. Then I would hike, run, bike or kayak on one of Loudoun’s recreational trails or the Beaverdam Reservoir. I would close the day with a visit to my friends the Zurschmeides for a flight at Dirt Farm Brewing.
7. What is the smallest thing that has had the largest impact on your business?
Imparting the message to my employees at BEI that they do not work for me but they work for our customers.