Thank you to Let’s Stay Together for answering a few of our questions.
Congratulations on being named a finalist for Technology Innovator of the Year!
The 24th Annual Loudoun Small Business Awards will be on November 1, 2018 – Tickets/More Info Here
1. Tell us your story of how your company got to where it is today?
My company came about from taking my husband on a date night. I came up with the idea of creating a couple’s group where couples can be around other couples. From there I started working on what I wanted this to look like. I spoke to a local business owner, who told me to come out to some of the networking groups. From there I started meeting more and more business owners and learning how to grow my business. A lot of the Leadshare and BNI groups were very warm and welcoming. This exposed me to a whole new world. I remember after a networking meeting, sitting in my car and thinking of how wonderful this was and it brought tears to my eyes. Simply amazing that others could hear about your dream and are willing to help you live it.
2. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
Winning this award would be a huge affirmation for Let’s Stay Together. It confirms that we are on the right track and that we are truly making a difference here in Loudoun County. Being selected as a finalist in itself feels amazing and that we are a part of something very special.
3. If you weren’t running your own business/working at this business, what would you be doing?
My business is very close to my heart and so is the county of Loudoun. If I wasn’t running Let’s Stay Together, I would still try and find a way to be a part of this community.
4. What book are you reading right now? / What is your favorite book?
Market Simple: The Blueprint I Wish I Had When I Started A Business: The Small Business Guide To An Easy Marketing Plan by Sherron Washtington
5. If you have 24-hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
I would find time to relax a bit. I feel like I am on the go all the time, so I would take a little time for me and then work on something of the wonderful ideas that Let’s Stay Together would like to bring forward in the near future.
6. What is the smallest thing that has made the largest impact on your business?
I feel the smallest thing that has made the biggest impact to my business, is just stepping out there and taking the risk. I attended a networking event and from there I was told about others that I should network with. Those people have just been such great mentors and advocates for Let’s Stay Together.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child? / What was a childhood dream that you had?
I always wanted to be a nurse. I love to help people. I never thought or even imagined owning my own business I am glad I grew up.
8. Who is the one person that has influenced you the most in your career?
I have to say the one person who has influenced me the most, is my husband. Because of being in such a respectful, trusting and loving relationship, it has inspired me to help others have the same type of relationships.
9. What is your favorite thing about running a business in Loudoun County?
When I get to work with other small businesses is my favorite thing about running a business in Loudoun County. Loudoun County has a lot of great businesses and working with other businesses it helps to showcase how much is available here in our county.
10. What is your favorite weekend activity in Loudoun County?
I love going to window shop and visiting locations around the county. It inspires me on date night ideas and time to spend with my husband.