Congratulations to TextP2P for being a finalist this year for the 25th Anniversary of the Loudoun Small Business Awards! View the full list of finalists here. These awards will be held on November 8, 2019 at The National Conference Center. Register Here!
TextP2P is a finalist for Technology Innovator of the Year. Post submitted by Owner, Greg Armfield.
1. Tell us your story of how your business evolved into what it is today.
I launched TextP2P just over a year ago and in that time it’s grown a lot. Not just in the number of customers and revenue, but also in it’s functionality and features. Whenever my customers would give me feedback or ask to new features, I would go build it and that’s where features like drip campaigns, ringless voicemail, and surveys came from.
2. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
I feel I deserve to win this award in the category of Technology Innovator because I saw a real need in the market place for better online texting solution. I spent the past year and half creating and refining TextP2P to make it the best application available at a very affordable price to small business owners. It would mean a great deal to me to win this award and validate all the hard work and effort I’ve put into it over the past year and half.
3. What is the smallest thing that has made the largest impact on your business?
Offering an affiliate referral program. My customers absolutely love TextP2P and the support they get from me, so when I offered them the ability to make a monthly income by referring others, they loved it and it has brought in a lot of new business for me this year.
4. Who is the one person that has influenced you the most in your career?
Probably my father. He is the one that encouraged me to get a computer science degree in college which lead to a successful career in technology working for several high tech firms in the area. He also was an entrepreneur who started his own business which grew into a very successful business. He taught me that hard work and entrepreneurship could lead to a very successful financial future.
5. What is your favorite thing about running a business in Loudoun County?
The best part of building and running a business in Loudoun is it’s the county of I’ve lived in all my adult life. My family and I have lived in Leesburg for the past 27 years and I’ve always worked for technology companies outside of Loudoun, so It’s great to be able to start a new technology company in my home town.
6. How do you see your business evolving in the next 10 years?
My goal is to turn TextP2P into a market leader in the text marketing industry. I want TextP2P to be what MailChimp is in the email marketing field, the #1 place that individuals and small businesses go.
7. If you’re not in the office where can we find you/what is another passion you have?
I love movies, biking, hiking, and golf.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up as a child?
I originally wanted to become an architect because I loved to draw and design things, but in high school I discovered computers and programming and fell in love with it.
9. If you have 24-hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
Honestly, probably work but I might also go to dinner and a movie with a friend.
10. What is one book that you would recommend everyone read?
Compound Effect by Darren Hardy