Looking for specific local ideas? Click here to view the submissions from local nonprofits for projects or needs they have, via Loudoun Cares.
- Provide gifts of treats or flowers to local nursing homes or hospice facilities;
- Collect items to support programs that serve disabled veterans;
- Donate items to a local animal shelter or rescue;
- Donate and deliver food to local first responders;
- Work with a local Scout unit to make cards for residents at local hospitals, nursing homes and other care facilities.
- Consider matching your employees’ donations of goods or funds;
- Have your students make spring banners and decorations for local nursing homes or long term care.
- Hold a clothing, food and hygiene product drive for local shelters serving the homeless, domestic violence victims or local teens and young adults.
- Provide free admissions or discounts to local first responders and veterans.
- Support our military veterans and their families through Operation Homefront.
- Conduct a food drive at work to support Loudoun’s local food pantries.
- When patronizing a local business where tips are accepted, tip more than usual.
- Send a note of gratitude to your child’s teacher.
- Solicit ideas from your employees or team members for #LeapOfKindnessDay.
- Thank our first responders
- Call your local senior center to ask if there is something you can do to help them.
- Make an online donation to a charity or nonprofit of your choice.