Links & Resources for Reopening Your Business
Essential Issues Within Most Reopening Plans
1. Protect Your Business
- Adopt a Reopening Plan, post in your business and website.
- Review and understand Federal, Virginia’s and Loudoun’s reopening guidance.
- Create an Internal Response Team and assign roles.
- Consult with your insurance broker and lawyer to address liability issues.
2. Protect Your Workplace
- Engage your landlord, vendors and partners in your reopening plan.
- Establish cleaning and disinfecting protocols; assign responsibility.
- Adhere to strict Social Distancing Guidelines, consider office layout modifications.
- Determine PPE usage rules.
3. Protecting Your Employees
- Create an office reopening plan and communicate it to employees.
- Establish employee screening and illness protocols.
- Review sick leave, telework and other HR policies to ensure compliance with Department of Labor and CDC guidelines.
- Create a strategy for employees with caregiving obligations.
4. Communicate Your Plans, Practices and Policies
- Create a communications plan for your reopening strategy, utilizing your email list and social media followers.
- Develop messaging that clearly explains the safety measures your business is committed to.
- Regularly communicate and consistently repeat your health and safety plan with employees and customers.
Local Providers of Personal Protective Equipment and Cleaning Supplies
- The White House’s Coronavirus Task Force reopening guidelines
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s reopening strategy
- Reopening guidance from government agencies:
- Reopening guidance from the private sector:
- Public policy issues regarding reopening