Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy Committee
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy Committee will be responsible for:
- Providing oversight of the effective and consistent application of the Loudoun Chamber’s Board-adopted internal Diversity & Inclusion policies and practices, including but not limited to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion HR Policies and the Board Diversity Policy.
- (Strategic advice, support) Recommending actions the Board of Directors should adopt to address shortcomings of the Loudoun Chamber’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policies and practices, membership practices or management’s performance in carrying out said policies.
- Researching, vetting and recommending new Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policies and practices for the Board of Directors consideration, including ones related to talent acquisition, development and retention.
- Providing oversight of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative to ensure effective alignment with the Board directed priorities and outcomes.
- The Chair of the Board of Directors has sole authority to appoint the Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Policy Committee. All members of the Committee must be members of the Board of Directors, including ex officio members.
- The Committee shall have no more than Nine (9) members and will meet no less than quarterly, or more frequently at the discretion of the Chair of the Board or Committee Chair.
Diversity and Inclusion Policy Statement
The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring its leadership – including its Officers, Directors and Committee Chairs – and general membership reflect the diversity of Loudoun County and our membership.
Therefore, the Loudoun Chamber is committed to eradicating all barriers to participation in any Loudoun Chamber activity based on economic position, gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other inherent personal attribute.
Further, the Loudoun Chamber will commit to ensure that the organization’s Officers, Directors, committee leadership, staff, programs and initiatives are diverse and appropriately reflective of our values, the region, and investors we serve.
To demonstrate and ensure the success of this commitment, the Loudoun Chamber has established a governance-focused Diversity and Inclusion Policy Committee to provide oversight and ensure effective application of the Chamber’s Diversity & Inclusion policies and practices, including but not limited to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion HR Policies and the Board Diversity Policy.
Comprised entirely of Chamber Directors, the Diversity and Inclusion Policy Committee will report directly to the Chair of the Chamber’s Board of Directors and make regular reports to the Board of Directors on its activities and recommendations.
Our Member Expectations
The Loudoun Chamber expects its Leadership and Membership to reflect these values and commitments, and to take additional steps to ensure all in our community, regardless of their position or status, enjoy equal access to opportunities that lead to economic and social prosperity, including:
- Establishing, publicizing, and enforcing its anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
- Seeking out and utilizing talent from all backgrounds to help build a diverse and productive workforce.
- Establishing best practices and offering internal and external initiatives that signify and foster authentic inclusion.
- Committing to promote qualified diverse individuals to serve in all areas of your organization.
- Promoting strategic alliances that value and improve the quality of life for all who live in our community.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion HR Policies
Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce (VA) (Board adopted policy)
The Loudoun County Chamber (“Loudoun Chamber”) of Commerce is committed to building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive business environment in Loudoun County and our region, and to become a civic model for the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies that advance education, innovation, and economic growth in Northern Virginia.
To achieve this vision, the Loudoun Chamber is committed to adopting and fully implementing diversity, equity and inclusion (DE & I) practices throughout all aspects of our talent recruitment, hiring, compensation, retention, and training practices. This policy is intended to ensure that the outcome is faithfully and consistently achieved.
- The Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce embraces and celebrates our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
- The Loudoun Chamber is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, status as a parent, disability (physical or mental), work-related injury, covered veteran status or military service, political ideology or affiliation, family medical history or genetic information, marital status, or any other non-merit based factors that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- The Loudoun Chamber’s diversity initiatives are applicable – but not limited — to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; retentions; transfers; social and recreational programs; layoffs; terminations; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- All employees are expected to participate in at least two diversity awareness or inclusion learning opportunities each year, to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.
- Our DE & I policies relate to all phases of employment, including advertising, recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion/demotion, training, retention, transfer, layoff, recall, termination of employment, compensation, and rates of pay, employee benefits (if provided to employees) and participation in all employer sponsored employee activities.
- The President/CEO or the designated persons have the sole responsibility for hiring staff personnel required to conduct the business of the Chamber.
- It is the DE&I policy of our organization to ensure a diverse pool of candidates are identified and considered for job openings.