Thank you to Doug Frantzen, co-owner of Next Phase Fitness, Loudoun’s newest fitness studio located in the Goose Creek Shopping Plaza, in Ashburn.
Behind the Business: Doug Frantzen, Next Phase Fitness
1. What is your business, and what is your role within this company?
A fitness center specializing in group fitness training, and I am a co-owner (along with my brother).
2. How did you get involved in this business?
My brother and I conceptualized this business about a year and a half ago when we saw the demand for exercise programs based on science that cater to the schedules of the masses.
3. What is your background, and how did you get to where you are today?
I studied business information technology at Virginia Tech (also was a walk-on to the Division 1 Wrestling Team for a short stint) and went on to work in business consulting for about 5 years full time all while pursuing fitness endeavors on the side (personal training, online video instruction, etc.). Once I realized the demand for solid exercise programs, my brother and I put our heads together to create a fitness studio dedicated to inspiring a healthier community and educating the community on better ways to exercise.
4. What is your favorite part about this business?
We get to watch people make a difference in their lives.
5. What is the hardest part about being in this business, or a challenge that you face on a regular basis?
There are many people that aren’t motivated to exercise and are intimidate by things they haven’t tried before, so breaking them into group exercise can be challenging, though ultimately very rewarding.
6. If you could tell other members of the Loudoun community one sentence about your company, what would it be? (Free marketing!)
We offer an invigorating specialized group exercise program backed by exercise science and designed to accomodate all fitness levels.
7. What is your favorite thing about living in Loudoun? Is there a favorite thing you and your family like to do on the weekends?
Loudoun is such a clean and present area. I just recently moved back here from DC so I have much exploring to do in the community.
8. What is your favorite app?
Polar Flow App (the heart rate monitoring app! It stores all of our client’s workout data and information so it’s easy to track and share their progress)