In Partnership with: Mason Enterprise Center-Leesburg | Loudoun County Public
Schools | Loudoun County’s Department of Economic Development | Loudoun Youth, Inc.
To find out more about this program - contact Program Manager, K.C. Repage, firstname.lastname@example.org, 571-209-9033
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a groundbreaking, 7-month program that transforms middle and high school students into real-life entrepreneurs and business owners. Throughout the class, students develop business ideas, write business plans, conduct market research, pitch their plans to a panel of investors, and then actually launch and run their own legal, fully formed companies and social movements.
Complete with guest speakers from the local business community and behind-the-scenes trips to local companies, the projects-based YEA! approach empowers students to take charge of their futures in a profound way.
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is not only a wonderful tool to teach students about business, but also a great way to build confident leaders with values. An excellent instrument to unify the business and educational communities, YEA! continues to expand across the country to fulfill our mission of teaching more students how to make a job, not just take a job. Tuition: $795
Program Runs from October 2017 through May 2018 - Class is held at the Mason Enterprise Center- Leesburg (202 Church St, Leesburg, VA 20175) from 5 to 8 pm on Tuesday nights.
If you are seeking scholarship assistants for this program please mark this on your application in the section that indicates "scholarship assistance."
College Nannies and Tutors
Apex Home Loans | Backflow Technology
Integrus Holdings, Inc. | Middleburg Bank | Rehau
CEO ROUNDTABLE SPONSORS
Thank you to our
Jersey Mike's & La Villa Roma
Communicate By Design, LLC
Conveyance Marketing Group
YEA! Loudoun's 30-week curriculum includes:
- Parent & Student Orientation
- Work closely with Loudoun business owners to develop your ideas and create an actual business plan and presentation
- Investor Panel Event – Students present their business plan to a “Shark Tank” panel of Investors, who decide which students receive seed funding to launch their business.
- CEO Roundtable – Students meet local CEOs to learn what it takes to launch and operate a successful business.
- Media Meet & Greet – Local reporters speak with students about how media coverage can help their business, and how to earn that coverage.
- Trade Show – Students demonstrate and sell their business/product.
- Graduation Ceremony