Thank you to Andrew Crush, owner of Spring House Farm, for answering a few questions with us! Congratulations on your nomination!
Spring House Farm – Andrew Crush, Owner
Finalist for Rural Business of the Year
1. What would it mean to you and your company to win a Small Business Award?
It would be a great honor to my team, my family and myself. Whether it’s 90 degrees out or 8 below, we are always giving it our all at the farm. It’s always nice when we are acknowledged for our efforts.
2. What business person has influenced you the most?
Joel Salatin, his farm-to-customer approach has helped us move our business forward.
3. If you weren’t running your own business, what would you be doing?
It would be outside and challenging—it’s just the way that I am!
4. What book are you reading right now?
“The Third Plate,” by Dan Barber
5. What is your favorite app?
6. If you had a full 24 hours off, and your family was out of town, what would you do?
Relax or go duck hunting
7. What is the smallest thing that has had the largest impact on your business?
Implementing the Scrum Management Program, a software development methodology for managing product development. It defines “a flexible, holistic product development strategy where a development team works as a unit to reach a common goal.”